Saturday, September 27th
- Pre-Race Day Runner Packet Pick Up—Lake Wallenpaupack Visitors Center—10 AM to 3 PM
- Packet includes: event T-Shirt, Personalized Race Bib, Area Information, Drawstring Backpack and lots more!
Sunday, September 28th
- Half Marathon Race Day Start 8 AM
- Finish Line—Wallenpaupack Area High School Stadium-Awards, Music, Food
Honesdale to Lake Wallenpaupack
The Half Marathon will start near the Lakeside Elementary School in Honesdale, PA. The course will feature some of the Lake Region of the Pocono Mountains natural assets such as rolling farmlands, fresh water trout streams and Lake Wallenpaupack.
- View Our Course Video
START near Lakeside Elementary School in Honesdale. Runner transportation provided from Wallenpaupack High School to start line beginning at 6:15 AM
- Start time: 8 AM; course remains open for 3 hours 30 minutes
- This is a unique but challenging course with breathtaking scenery
- Water/Electrolyte/Aid Stations every 2 miles—6 in all, manned by enthusiastic volunteers
- Markers at every mile
- Closed lane for runners – most roads will be closed to vehicles
- Trained emergency medical personnel positioned along the course
- USA Track & Field Certified Course PA13045WB
- Unique Custom Medals for those who finish
Organizers & Sponsors
The Chamber of the Northern Poconos is organizing and hosting the event.
- A portion of the proceeds will benefit local fire, police and ems.
- Major sponsors include:
On Your Mark $5,000 -
Get Set $2,500 - Lake Region IGA, Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau
Go $1,000 - Davis R. Chant Realtors, The Dime Bank
Set the Pace $500 - Blue Cross of Northeastern PA, No Limits Physical Therapy, Woodloch Resort
In the Pack $250 - Ehrhardt's Waterfront, Horizon Dental, NBT Bank, Rex Brand Tree Experts, Senator Lisa Baker(paid for by the Baker for Senate Committee)
In Kinds Sponsors - Bold Gold Media Group, Fox 56, Fox Ledge Water, Pepsi, Leeward Construction, Pioneer Construction, Stephens Pharmacy, WAYCO, G. Davis Bus
- Special Rates for Accommodations:
Comfort Inn Pocono Lakes Region
Entry Fee & Rules
$55 per person age 16 and over by August 31st
$65 per person September 1st to 15th
$70 per person September 16th to 28th
Registered runners who withdraw on or before August 1st will be eligible to receive a partial refund of $15. Entry fees are not transferable. You must be age 16 or older.
Online registration - Registration will be processed through active.com. Please enter only if you are confident that you will complete your training and participate in the race.
Deadline to register is September 27, 2014
There will be NO race day registration or packet pick-up.
Scoring & Results
- Fast Finishes.net
- Disposable Chip timing system utilized on bibs
- Instant Time Results provided
- Times will be posted online
Categories & Prizes
Unique Custom First Place Awards for both Males & Females in the following age categories:
- Masters age 65 and older
Overall Male $300
Overall Female $300
Masters Male $100
Masters Female $100
Local Male $100 *Must be a resident of Wayne or Pike County
Local Female $100 *Must be a resident of Wayne or Pike County
The Chamber of the Northern Poconos
2512 Route 6, Suite 2
Hawley, PA 18428 (570) 226-3191